What is “Google Analytics”?
Commonly referred to as “GA”, Google Analytics is a free resource offered by Google to help you track and report your customer’s activity and engagement on any of your web solutions – such as your website, blog, web or mobile application. It analyzes and transforms this data into statistical numbers and charts to help you see what is working and to fix what is not. It is an excellent tool for your web solutions and business strategy.
Why do I need this?
In order to be successful with your marketing and business plan you need vital information such as:
- How many people are visiting your website, blog, web or mobile application?
- Are your website and other applications mobile-friendly?
- Where is most of your traffic coming from?
- What marketing tactics drive the most traffic to your website, app, etc?
- Which part (e.g. pages) of your website, blog, etc. are the most popular?
- How many visitors have you converted into leads or customers?
- Is the speed of your website or application fast enough?
- What content do your visitors like most?
Google Analytics is an excellent tool and can assist you with answering the above questions and providing data that will help you with making informed and valuable decisions.
About Google Analytics
Google has been improving Google Analytics with the goal of making it even easier for anyone to gain the insights they need. Last year, they introduced a fully redesigned mobile app for better insights on the go and have simplified the user interface. It now has a cool feature where you are guided by questions to assist you with managing your traffic. They are also preparing to launch further improvements with Google and Salesforce now working together to connect sales, marketing and advertising data, giving the full view of what’s working across ads, websites, emails, call centers, and more.
Google Analytics (GA) is also offered in two additional versions that are not free: the subscription based Google Analytics 360, targeted at enterprise users and Google Analytics for Mobile Apps. Google launched the service in November 2005 and it is now the most widely used web analytics service on the Internet.